Propertyscouts is an independent property management company with branches throughout NZ. Unlike some Real Estate companies who sell houses as well as manage rental properties, our sole focus is property management. We are your ‘Local Specialist’ in property management and investment. It’s our job to save property owners time and money … to take the hassle out of owning investment property, by finding excellent tenants for the properties we manage.
On behalf of property owners, we manage all aspects of tenanting a property. A lot of the properties we look after are purchased solely as investment properties, but we also look after properties such as the ‘family home’ when the owner's circumstances may have changed.
There any many reasons why an owner may wish to rent a property they own. Furnished or unfurnished, long term rental or short term, investment property or family home – whatever the reason Propertyscouts can help.
Here's a summary of the main services we offer Property Owners
- Free rental appraisals and consultations.
- Advertising and promoting rental properties, using quality photos and descriptions
- Corresponding with and meeting potential tenants
- Showing available rental properties to potential tenants
- Tenant vetting (reference and credit checks)
- Preparation of Tenancy agreements and bond collection (we offer property owners a rental guarantee)
- Tenant induction
- Maintaining a tenancy database
- Property inspections including where appropriate organizing repairs and maintenance
- Payment of invoices on behalf of owners (rates, insurance, maintenance etc.)
- Rent collecting (we have a policy of zero tolerance to rent arrears)
- Leaving inspections and bond refunds
And a summary of the main services we offer Tenants
- We are one of the few Property Management Companies to actively help tenants find available rental properties.
- Provide advice on local services and amenities
- Arrange all relevant paperwork and correspondence
- Transportation assistance for viewing available properties
Investment Property Finding
This is an additional service we can provide. If you are a first-time investor or looking to add more properties to your investment portfolio then we can help. We will help with identifying potential investment properties and complete rental appraisals where necessary. It can be a time consuming and daunting process so why not put our experience and expertise to work for you. And yes, we are trained negotiators so once you have decided to buy we can help with the purchase negotiations as well if you like. Because we have a network of offices throughout NZ, investors don't have to confine their search to the area in which they live or have knowledge of. We can search NZ wide for investment properties and use our local expertise to refine our search.